1 Corinthians 4:2 tells us… “It is required of stewards that they be found trustworthy.” We honor this scripture by striving to have open, transparent financial records. It is our responsibility to be faithful managers of the resources that God has blessed us with. Our goal is to present specific needs to people and then trust that God will move upon their hearts to partner with us to accomplish the work. Because the work we do is directly related to the generosity of others, we take great care to assure that the highest accountability standards are in place and that our financial practices represent faithfulness to our calling and to our donors.
Our Financial Responsibility
Financial Accountability Statement
- God’s Pit Crew holds true to our Statement of Faith which clearly affirms our commitment to sound Biblical practices and financial conduct.
- We are held responsible by a Board of Directors made up of non-staff members. Our board members meet to establish policies, approve budgets, and review financial expenditures and accomplishments by the organization.
- Our financial statements are prepared with the highest standards and principles. Our financial information is reviewed by an independent firm annually and our 990 is available for review online.
- It is our desire to conduct our activities with high standards and the utmost integrity to avoid any conflicts. We encourage people to give to the work of God’s Pit Crew, but do not engage in high-pressure tactics that would create tension with donors.
- Our fundraising requests clearly state the purpose of the project to which the donations will be applied. Our Board has directed that any contributions designated for specific projects should be applied to those projects, and we may assess up to 10 percent to be used for administering the gift. Occasionally, we receive more contributions for a given project than can be wisely applied to that project. When that happens, we use these funds to meet a similar need. Our policy is to meet the needs God lays before us, so that Christ is lifted up and the Gospel advanced.
- Donations to the ministry are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by U.S. law. In order to help our donors determine the tax-deductible portion of their gifts-in-kind, we receipt all donations provided by the donor and the donor then determines the fair market value for tax deduction purposes.
- God’s Pit Crew strives to avoid debt. We want our organization to glorify God and honor the proper stewardship of funds by staying clear of unnecessary expense due to borrowing money. While we may occasionally borrow funds for capital expenditures, we promptly repay those loans.
- To respect individuals’ privacy, we do not sell or rent our mailing list to other groups wishing to use the names and addresses of our supporters. We maintain tight security of our list of friends and supporters.
2021 Financials Report
Whistle Blower Policy
Records Retention Policy
1999 - Present: List of Disasters